- He had a criminal record prior to his arrest for witchcraft. The record was mostly for stolen foods and tobacco.
- John Proctor once accused him of setting fire to his house, but he couldn't prove it.
- He was known for his quick, hot temper and also would argue and threaten neighbors.
- He was the only victim to perish by being crushed to death, taunting his assailants by saying "more weight" as they added heaviers stones on top of him until his body collapsed.
- -- More Salem Witch Trials Biographies.
Salem Witch Trials:
Trip to Salem:
Travel to Salem
Halloween in Salem
American History Notes